A história dos 20 anos do Linux

Em agosto de 1991, Linus Torvalds, um jovem cientista da computação da universidade de Helsink envia o seguinte mensagem:


"Hello everybody out there using minix -
I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones. This has been brewing since april, and is starting to get ready. I'd like any feedback on things people like/dislike in minix, as my OS resembles it somewhat (same physical layout of the file-system (due to practical reasons) among other things).
I've currently ported bash(1.08) and gcc(1.40), and things seem to work. This implies that I'll get something practical within a few months, and I'd like to know what features most people would want. Any suggestions are welcome, but I won't promise I'll implement them :-)"

Fonte: Wikipedia

Esta é considerada uma das mensagens históricas mais marcantes da história da internet. A partir daí, toda revolução do que conhecemos hoje começou. 

As comemorações já começaram e a Linux Foundation criou um vídeo e este está disponível no Youtube. Veja abaixo e veja em poucos minutos como esse fenômeno evoluiu.





Compartilho também com vocês um dos vídeos mais marcantes, se não for o mais, que foi feito pela IBM em 2003 e que termina com uma frase envolvente: His name... is Linux.

Um comentário: